On a previous post I made a mention of King Island. It is an island off of southern Australia. With all the (bad news) about Australia I had a hard time connecting King Island to any known references. What information would come my way to make it local or make any sense in 2 weeks to a single place on the other side of the globe ? I have no connections to the area and might as well have picked some obscure island anywhere on the globe. However the universe always manages to make me smile as it seems to know what is coming into my future flow of information it gives me these strange word clues, phrases, visuals, etc and then it waits....
Anyhow it looks like Bernie the traveler [with the mule] from several years ago has made his way all the way to Tasmania, whew ! I do not know Bernie. I think we might have met only one time, when I was working out front and he rode by looking for a place to locate some part. I do meet so many people it can be a challenge to remember them all sometimes. I do not have a vivid memory of it other than the mule and his painted wagon...... I could not tell you much about him other than he is one traveling dude. http://towndock.net/news/where-in-the-world-is-bernie. I wonder what he is looking for ?..... Tasmania is admittedly not King Island but curiously right now he is on Flinders Island, off of the N.E point of Tasmania where as King Island is off of the N.W side. Check out Bernies page here with the google map, zoom in a bit. . http://www.riverearth.com/man-down-under/postcard-from-flinders-island-tasmania......I will have to shoot him an email and see if King Island is on his itinerary, but its close enough for me either way.....It sure is out of the "norm" for news I expected to come my way. An extra "hit" is that it is within my 2 week window ! Pick a point on the globe and find something news worthy that makes it "local". On the other side of the planet no less. Wow.
No comments:
Post a Comment